Ocean Free | Green Island & Pinnacle Reef
Ocean Free is a beautiful 63ft schooner, which sails daily to tropical Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef.
This is the only boat operating out of Cairns to offer a personalised reef, sail and island experience all in the one tour.
What makes it great?
- Maximum 25 passengers
- Stunning 16 metre schooner - a truly great sailing boat
- 4.5 hours of Reef and Island experience
- True 'hands-on sailing' if you want to try it
- Personalised service
- Flexible time to enjoy Green Island
Ocean Free Special Family Pricing
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 14 years) Half Price
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child travels free
Departures: Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal at the Ocean Free counter from 7:15am for an 8:00am departure. Arrive back into Cairns approx 5pm
- Danish pastries, fresh fruit, Tea & Coffee on boarding
- Snorkelling tuition and equipment: masks, fins, snorkel, buoyancy snorkel vests, wetsuit or lycra suits (depending on season)
- Transfers to and from Green Island
- Reef Talk by Marine Interpreter
- Over 4.5 hours on Pinnacle Reef + Green Island
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch served onboard including smoked salmon & prawns, meat & chicken platter, 3 salads, assorted breads
- Complimentary glass of wine, platters of tropical fruit, cheese and crackers and cake served on the sail home
- Sail to exclusive mooring on Pinnacle Reef, just 1km offshore from Green Island. This Marine Park Reserve is protected from fishing and has an abundant range of marine life.
Upon arrival at Pinnacle Reef, enjoy a swim, snorkel, scuba dive (extra charge) or just relax. Ocean Free's exclusive mooring ensures that the ocean is uninterrupted by crowds.
The "bommies" (coral outcrops) and coral gardens, are just 1 metre under the surface and are teaming with life. Easily viewed snorkelling and scuba diving (extra charge).
Ocean Free provides tender transfers to Green Island throughout the day, so you can spend time on the reef and the island.
Ocean Free Green Island Options
Spend the rest of the time on Green Island.
Spend an hour on Green Island and return to the boat to do more snorkelling and diving (extra charge) on the reef.
Remain on the boat...The choice is yours!
A great trip for two old farts. The crew were excellent - very caring and supportive. The sailing was a great experience. Thankyou.
Such an incredible day, with wonderful staff and even a great lunch. When we had to reschedule at the last minute due to illness, they were helpful and accommodating, happily moving our booking to the end of the week.
Travelling on the Ocean Free was the highlight of our holiday to Cairns. The whole experience was magical and the staff were so friendly. What a thrill to travel on a sail boat. The whole day was excellent.
Highly recommend the sailing experience on Ocean Free. The crew were fantastic and helped look after my 10 year old daughter in the water. Really enjoyed the snorkelling on the reef where the coral was amazing and we saw turtles and sharks! I especially liked that there was only 25 max passengers which contributed to more personalised experience.
Absolutely fantastic day. Best day ever of our holiday. Crew were amazing. Personal service excellent. Anyone thinking of doing another cruise must be mad, free spirit were the best.
I came up from Melbourne with my wife and our three children aged 10, 12 & 14.The crew on Ocean Free made us all feel welcome and at ease that my wife asked if they were the owner operators as they all worked in well together like a Swiss watch. Good staff is hard to find so to the owners \\\" hang on to these boys\\\". Thanks for the best time ever.
Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal at the Ocean Free counter from 7:15am for an 8:00am departure. Arrive back into Cairns approx 5pm
You do not need to print your ticket. You can present this message on your mobile device to check in.