Big Cat | Full Day Green Island
The Big Cat Full Day Green Island Tour departs Cairns at 9am and returns at 5pm. You have the option to include Snorkeling Gear, Glass Bottom Boat, Buffet Lunch & a Semi-Sub Tour.
Surrounded by white sandy beaches and beautiful coral gardens, Green Island offers the best elements of the tropics in one destination: beautiful island beaches, shady emerald rainforest and a world-renowned coral reef.
Green Island the ideal place to enjoy a day of resting on the beach or enjoying some of the many activities available. Snorkel, swim or simply relax...
Big Cat is a comfortable air-conditioned 35 metre catamaran with spacious interior cabins and a relaxed atmosphere. Travel time to Green Island is just over one hour from Cairns.
Big Cat Special Family Pricing
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 14 years) Half Price
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child travels free
Big Cat Full Day Tour Options
- Option 1: Return ferry transfers, Glass Bottom Boat OR Snorkel equipment
- Option 2: Return ferry transfers, Glass Bottom Boat OR Snorkel equipment and Hot/Cold Buffet lunch
- Option 3: Return ferry transfers, Glass Bottom Boat OR Snorkel equipment and Semi-Submersible
- Option 4: Return ferry transfers, Glass Bottom Boat OR Snorkel equipment, Hot/Cold Buffet lunch and Semi-Submersible
Snorkel at Green Island
Snorkel Green Island in the clear cool Great Barrier Reef island waters at your leisure from the beach. Enjoy the number one activity for passengers staying in Cairns, only 45 minutes away.
Mask, snorkel and fins are included with the hire of snorkel gear. Lycra suits and floatation vests are available for hire. On your journey to Green Island safe snorkel tips are given and there is a life guard service operating at the island.
No need to pay extra, our passengers can choose this equipment as part of their free inclusion or have the option of a Glass bottom boat tour instead.
Prescription masks available at no extra cost.
Glass Bottom Boat Option
Experience Green Island’s underwater world, part of the Great Barrier Reef on a 30 minute Glass Bottom Boat tour. View the diversity of the reefs coral gardens and their wonderful array of sea life with the added fun of lively fish feeding. A commentary by your driver enables you to learn about the Great Barrier Reef and the different types of corals and fish that can be found surrounding beautiful Green Island.
No need to pay extra, our passengers can choose this tour as part of their free inclusion or have the option of snorkeling equipment instead.
Buffet Lunch Option
A delicious buffet lunch is served aboard ‘Big Cat’ at Green Island for those who have chosen this option. Our licensed bar on board offers refreshments throughout the day.
- Stir Fry Chicken & Vegetables in Oyster Sauce
- Beef Curry – Tasty Beef with Vegetables
- Steamed Jasmine Rice
- Vegetarian Pasta of the Day
- Sliced Champagne Ham/ Mild Hungarian Salami/ Sliced Turkey/ Sliced Roast Beef
- Mescalin Salad – Mixed Lettuce Leaves
- Coleslaw Salad – Red Cabbage, Green Cabbage, Carrot & Mayonnaise
- Tomato and Cucumber Salad – Tomato, Cucumber, Onion & Feta Cheese
- Fresh Bread
- Diced Beetroot
- Sweet Corn Kernels
- Grated Tasty Cheese
- Seasonal Tropical Fruit Platter
Explorer the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef in air-conditioned comfort on our Semi-Submersible… without even getting wet! Seated below water level, passengers are treated to a divers view of the coral reef and marine life with informative commentary by the crew and see the lively fish feeding. This vessel seats 27 passengers and cruises for 30 minutes. Semi-Sub is $20 when pre-booked in a package or $30 if booked on the day of the tour.
Great staff with a good boat and great lunch and location was perfect
Loved it and would recommend Big Cat to the world to JUST DO IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.
Great day with Big Cat, with a wonderful whale sighting for good measure
Staff were very friendly and obliging. Loved that we saw whales on the trip to Green Island. Great bonus.
The Big Cat Full Day Green Island Tour departs Cairns at 9am and returns at 5pm.
Please check in at The Big Cat Desk at the Reef Fleet Terminal at least 30 minutes prior to your departure.