3 Tours Found
We found 3 tours in the Half Day Tours category
Half Day Adventures
Half Day Tours are ideal for perfect for visitors with limited time, or those with young children or the elderly who may prefer a shorter visit. Depending on the departure times you choose, you can spend from as little as 2 hours on the island. Big Cat Cruises and Great Adventures both offer half day fast catamaran cruise options from Cairns.
Great Adventures has 3 departures daily from Cairns:
Depart Cairns at 8.30am, 10.30am or 1.00pm
Depart Green Island at 12.00, 2.30pm or 4.30pm
Arrive Cairns approximately 12.50pm, 3.20pm and 5.20pm.
The Half Day Eco package includes:
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Half Day or up to 7 hours on Green Island
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Self Guided Eco Island Walk
- Choice of Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tour OR use of snorkelling equipment
- Use of Island swimming pool exclusive for Great Adventures guests.
- Use of day visitor facilities
Big Cat offers similar packages with half day departure options at 9am & 1pm. A half day reef cruise departing Cairns at 9.00am allows 2 hours on Green Island and arrives back into Cairns at 12.45pm. A half day reef cruise departing Cairns at 1.00pm allows 2 hours on Green Island and arrives back in Cairns at 5.00pm.
Big Cat Half Day Inclusions:
- Cruise to Green Island aboard “Reef Rocket” a modern catamaran
- 9am or 1pm departure allows 2 hours on Green Island
- Choice of Snorkelling Gear or Glass Bottom Boat tour
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
- Use of Big Cat vessel during time at island as an air-conditioned base
- *Optional Upgrade can include semi-submarine tour
Scenic Helicopter Flight
Travel in style over the Great Barrier Reef and view the pristine marine wilderness from the air. A half day heli adventure will allow you maximum time to explore the rainforest, take a refreshing dip in the island’s pool, view the teeming marine life on a glass bottom boat tour or get up close and personal with the marinelife and snorkel off the white sandy beaches. Depart the Cairns City Heliport at 10:00am, arrive Green Island at 10:20am and return to Cairns at 2:30pm by luxury catamaran.