1 Day Green Island & Kuranda Info
BIG CAT ONE DAY COMBO: GREEN ISLAND & KURANDA TRAIN/SKYRAIL
Short of time?...why not combine 2 of Tropical North Queensland's best attractions in a day. The combo includes a trip to Green Island followed by a rainforest gondola journey onboard Skyrail, and the Kuranda Scenic Railway - all in one day.
What makes it great?
- Great option for those with limited time
- 2 Hours free time on Green Island
- 30 minutes free time in Kuranda
- Snorkel OR Glass bottom Boat
- Ferry transfer to Green Island
- Snorkelling demonstration and reef presentation enroute to Green Island
- Choice of Snorkelling Gear OR Glass Bottom Boat tour
- 2 hrs free time on Green Island
- Cruise back to Cairns, arriving 12:45pm
- About 30- 45 minutes free time at Reef terminal precinct (For the opportunity to have some lunch *meal not included)
- Coach transfer to Skyrail Station at approximately 1:35pm
- Skyrail Cableway to Kuranda
- Free time in Kuranda the village in the rainforest
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Coach Transfer to accommodation
- Departs daily , Make own way to Reef Fleet Terminal
- Coach transfer to Skyrail
- Coach transfer back to accommodation about 5:30pm
- A $30 deposit is required for the hire of snorkelling gear - cash or credit card imprint.
What to Bring:
- Hat & sunglasses
- Towel & change of clothes
- Suitable shoes for Kuranda
- Credit card or drivers license for deposit, cash for drinks and snacks.
- Green Island is a beautiful coral cay located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Located just 27km north east of Cairns, Green Island is readily identified by its emerald rainforest, surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs. The marine life is abundant including endless varieties of colourful fish, turtles, giant clams, shells, starfish, sea anemones and much more. Travel time to Green Island is 45 minutes from Cairns on board "Reef Rocket", which is a modern comfortable air-conditioned highspeed catamaran. Your cruise allows 2 hrs on Green Island, departs 9am, back in Cairns 12.45pm.
- Following Green Island, Skyrail will take you on a unique rainforest journey as you travel over Australia's World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest and deep into the forest. You will glide just metres above the canopy in Skyrail's comfortable six-person gondola cabins which provide spectacular and uninterrupted views of the rainforest, tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and the lush Cairns Highlands. The Skyrail experience, spanning 7.5kms, includes time at two rainforest mid-stations where guests can alight from the cableway to learn more about this fascinating environment on Ranger guided boardwalk tours and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. After free time in Kuranda, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway, a spectacular journey comprising unsurpassed views of World Heritage dense rainforest, steep ravines, picturesque waterfalls. the awesome Barron Gorge and boasts spectacular views over Cairns.
GOOD NEWS: All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Big cat tour to Green Island is excellent
Big Cat tour to Green Island is excellent. Skyrail is also very good. Kuranda train is not as good as expected: the train is too slow, especially under such warm weather without air conditioning, I feel like I was in a sauna.
Posted By Hanmiao (called Amy) Liu
1 day combo
The semisub was quite bilious but a fantastic way to see the reef.
Posted By Debra Montgomery
Very enjoyable tour
Very enjoyable tour, friendly and helpful staff made the day perfect
Posted By Malcolm Carter
Happy with tours and service
I was very pleased with the service and the package given to me and my family during our stay in Cairns . My husband was using crutches the whole holiday and was very happy with the tours and service. Special thanks to Ms Marean , Captain Kirk , Patt , James the photograhper , Mitchell , Kia and others .
Keep up the awesome job guys .....
See u again soon ....
Posted By Aida Maria Ismail
A wonderful day.
A wonderful day. Our only regret is not spending more time at Green Island. What an experience!
Simon & Heather
Posted By Simon Willson
A very good trip.
A very good trip.
Posted By Guang Huan Liang
1 Day Green Island & Kuranda Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 10 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.